PRP Injections Gold Coast
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) for hair restoration is an all-natural, non-surgical treatment method that concerns the injection of your own blood cells into a section of your scalp, to help stimulate hair regrowth. A highly effective treatment solution for both men and women, PRP therapy utilises existing growth factors present within your blood supply to ensure thicker, fuller and more healthy hair.
How is PRP Created?
Platelet-Rich Plasma is created by a special process that begins with the extraction of a blood sample from your body and is composed of the followed elements:
- White Blood Cells – Also known as leukocytes, they help protect your body from illness and disease
- Red Blood Cells – Distribute oxygen throughout your body
- Platelets – The smallest blood cells in the human body, they help to heal wounds
- Plasma – The resulting solution that remains, once the red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets and other elements have been separated from the blood
How Does PRP Facilitate Hair Regrowth?
With Platelet-Rich Plasma therapy, a contained wound is created on the patient’s scalp, triggering a reaction in the body that causes platelets and plasma to be delivered to the damaged area, helping to repairing it. By supplementing this natural healing process with PRP, the quantity of healing cells (platelets and plasma) in the wounded area is increased, exposing hair follicles and skin cells to greater levels of these naturally occurring, repairing agents.
How Many PRP Treatments Do I Require?
When it comes to receiving PRP treatment for hair regrowth and restoration, patients have two options:
- Large doses of PRP, with irregular treatment sessions
- Smaller doses of PRP, with more regular visits
As a rule, our bodies generally favour smaller doses at regular intervals, rather than larger doses at irregular intervals.
Here’s several real world examples of this:
- Diet – a consistent, healthy diet comprising moderate portions, consumed at routine intervals as opposed to crash dieting
- Medicine – small doses, taken regularly
- Rehabilitation – when recovering from injury or illness, your rehab regimen always involves regular therapy sessions at consistent intervals
In keeping with the human body’s preference for consistency when it comes to treatment, the team at Skin Clinic Robina administer PRP therapy sessions at regular intervals to ensure maximum effectiveness. By having smaller doses, it also eliminates the need for patients to require an injectable anaesthetic.
For maximum success, our specialists suggest the following treatment intervals:
- Required Maintenance Treatments– 4 sessions at 1-4 week intervals
Upon completion of the 4th and final session, then you have the option to:
- Maintenance & Prevention – help maintain your existing hair and prevent further hair loss by; 1 treatment session every 3-6 months
- Fortification & Regrowth – ensures the continuation of hair regrowth, while maintaining and protecting against additional hair loss; 1 treatment session every 1-3 months
Please note – As PRP is comprised entirely from your own blood supply, it is highly recommended that you compliment your PRP treatment with a healthy diet, to help guarantee maximum results. For this reason, we strongly advise that you follow our pre-PRP therapy guide, listed below.
The PRP Treatment Procedure
Each PRP hair regrowth and restoration session is performed by industry certified doctors and takes around 60 minutes to complete.
The following is a list of steps involved in a typical PRP therapy session:
- Preparation – PRP therapy is strongly reliant on the quality of your diet. For best results, please refer to our dietary intake section above. If you are on medication, please notify us in advance so that we can ensure that it poses no risks to the procedure. It is important that you do not wash your hair for 48 hours prior to undergoing PRP treatment
- Arrival – Upon arrival at the client, you’ll fill in an authorisation form before having your scalp examined and photographed. These images are used as references to record your progress
- Assessment – This involves the close examination and assessment of your hair and scalp, before having them washed and exfoliated. A mild anaesthetic cream is then massaged into the area to be treated
- Hair & Scalp Rinse – Around 40-60 minutes after the application of the anaesthetic, your scalp is thoroughly rinsed
- Blood sample – One of our specialists will carefully take a small blood sample your arm, before placing it into a centrifuge, which separates the blood cells from the platelets and plasma, resulting in a yellow fluid known as Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Contained Wound – In some instances, it is necessary for our trained professionals to create a special wound upon the anaesthetically-treated skin area, using a skin needling device, triggering a reaction in the body that delivers platelets to the newly damaged area
- PRP Injection – The PRP solution is meticulously removed from the centrifuge device and injected into you, using a special needle. The utmost care and consideration is given to all patients, to ensure minimal discomfort
- Post-Treatment – It is important that you do not wash your hair for 48 hours, once the treatment has concluded
Contact Skin Clinic Robina
We help patients at our Gold Coast clinic successfully restore and regrow their hair every day, with the help of Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) injections, a revolutionary, all-natural procedure. To arrange a consultation, contact our friendly staff today.