Laser Hair Removal Varsity Lakes
Skin Clinic Robina delivers state-of-the-art IPL and laser hair removal treatments to clients throughout Varsity Lakes and surrounding areas. Our treatments are safe and effective on all skin types, including Asian and darker tones and achieve impressive, long-lasting results.
What Are the Benefits of Laser Hair Removal?
- Safe and effective long-term hair reduction
- Less likelihood of developing ingrown hairs
- Dramatic results in a short amount of time
- Silky smooth skin
- Can be performed on any part of the body
- Eliminates the need to shave and wax
- Works just as well on shaved hairs
What Types of Hair Removal Treatment Do You Offer?
We provide two options for hair removal treatment; laser and IPL.
LightSheer Laser Hair Removal – delivers superior results, requires less treatments than IPL, shorter sessions, causes minimal discomfort and doesn’t require any soothing gels.
IPL Hair Removal – safe, clinically tested treatment that provides a permanent reduction in hair growth, but requires lengthier sessions and the application of gels to help prevent skin irritation.
How Many Sessions Are Required?
Firstly, it’s important that patients understand that there is no treatment method currently available that provides permanent hair removal. Each hair removal treatment method, be it laser or IPL provides long-term, effective hair reduction.
The number sessions required varies from patient to patient and depends on a number factors, such as hair colour, thickness and skin type. As an example, Caucasians who possess dark, thick hair follicles typically require around 6 treatment sessions to obtain a 90% hair reduction. Following this, a maintenance treatment will need to be scheduled around 6 to 12 months later.
For patients who have dark, thick body hair as well as darker skin, they can expect to achieve a similar reduction within 10-12 treatment sessions, depending on the skin tone.
Is Laser Hair Removal Safe?
Our highly trained doctors and skin specialists are up to date with all current treatment procedures and all therapies are performed using the latest industry devices. This ensures that all treatments are conducted in the safest possible manner. We offer a free consultation to all patients who are contemplating laser hair removal.
This not only gives patients the opportunity to learn the finer details of the procedure and the results they can expect, but also enables our doctors to create a personalised treatment plan that ensures best results for the patient, based on their skin type, prevalence of body hair and capacity for regrowth.
Is Laser Hair Removal Suitable for Everyone?
The initial consultation with one of our doctors will determine if a patient is eligible to receive laser hair removal. Skin complexion, skin type (normal, oily, dry, sensitive) and body hair colour all impact treatment outcomes. Generally, dark hair can be eliminated more effectively with laser treatment, owing to the higher levels of melanin. Light coloured hair such as red, white or grey does not contain sufficient melanin. Melanin affects the ability of the hair follicles to absorb the light projected from the laser.
Can Laser Hair Removal Be Used On the Face?
Yes. Laser hair removal can be used on any region of the body that contains hair, including the face. Patients can have hair safely removed from their chin, cheeks, upper lip, between their eyebrows and more.
Can Laser Hair Removal Be Used to Treat Ingrown Hair?
Yes. Laser treatment is an effective way of eliminating ingrown hair follicles as the laser destroys the hair entirely and helps to prevent future occurrences.
To ensure best results while minimising any possible effects, patients are advised to do the following:
- Avoid being in direct sunlight or applying fake tans during treatment periods, as both can reduce the ability of the laser to remove hair follicles while at the same time increasing the possibility of being burnt by the laser
- Apply a minimum of SPF 30 sunscreen or higher to the treated area, especially for patients who have fair skin
- Refrain from waxing, bleaching or plucking skin in the area to be treated at least 4 weeks before the initial treatment session
- Either shave or apply hair removal creams on the treated area during the treatment period
- Seek to shave the treated area of skin, roughly 24 hours before each treatment begins as this results in a more effective laser
- Avoid strenuous exercise or any environment that will cause you to perspire, before arriving for treatment
Contact Skin Clinic Robina
To enquire about our IPL and Laser Hair Removal treatments that offered to patients living in Varsity Lakes and surrounding areas, get in touch with the friendly team at Skin Clinic Robina today.