IPL Varsity Lakes
What is IPL Photorejuvenation?
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) Photorejuvenation refers to the process of applying broad wavelength light to the surface of a patient’s skin to effectively treat a whole range of skin conditions such as sun spots, freckles, birthmarks, rosacea, broken capillaries and more. The procedure creates minimal discomfort and enables patients to resume their daily activities immediately. Here at Skin Clinic Robina, we achieve remarkable results for patients throughout the Gold Coast, including Varsity Lakes.
Is IPL Photorejuvenation Safe?
Our highly trained doctors and skin care specialists utilise the most advanced medical grade equipment available to them, with the Optimal Pulse Technology (OPT™) enabling them to tailor the treatment to a patient’s specific skin type to achieve the best possible outcome while ensuring maximum safety.
What Are the Benefits of IPL Photorejuvenation?
- Reduces fine lines and improves the appearance of acne scarring
- Dissipates broken capillaries
- Promotes collagen regrowth and elastic fibre production, enhancing skin appearance and texture
- Helps to disperse the effects and improve the appearance of rosacea and other pigmentation conditions such as age spots and sun spots
What Steps Are Involved in IPL Photorejuvenation?
- You will have an Initial consultation with one of our doctors who will discuss everything you need to know about the treatment. It’s important that you disclose any medical diseases. You will undergo a skin patch test to help us assess your suitability for IPL treatment. The skin patch test lets us identify any adverse reactions such as pain, swelling, or discolouration. If your skin does not exhibit any negative effects for 2 days after the patch test, then your skin is suitable for IPL. We find that the majority of our patients are able to undergo IPL, regardless of complexion or skin type (dry, oily, normal, sensitive).
- Treatment will commence after the consultation, at an agreed upon date. You will be issued with protective eyewear and a special gel is applied to the treated area to not only helps to cool the skin but also reduce the reflection of light off the skin, which improves the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Immediately following the treatment, your skin may have a slight reddish appearance over the treated area, in which case it’s recommended that you apply a cold compress.
How Long Does an IPL Treatment Session Take?
The length of each treatment session varies, depending on the extent of work to be done but sessions generally take between 15 and 30 minutes to complete.
How Soon Will I See Results?
Skin conditions such as shallow pigmentation issues, age spots and sun spots can see remarkable improvement after only 1 or 2 treatment sessions. Most other skin conditions will require between 2-6 treatments to see optimal results, with a 2-4 week period between treatment sessions.
Are There Any Side Effects?
Some patients may experience some minor redness immediately following the procedure, which will depend on the strength of the IPL settings used. This reddishness typically fades within a few hours. In most instances, makeup can be applied straight after the treatment and patients can resume their ordinary activities without disruption. We highly recommend that patients avoid direct sunlight for a few days following the treatment and use sunscreen.
Contact Skin Clinic Robina
Our IPL specialists achieve impressive results for patients located throughout Varsity Lakes and beyond, each and every day. To find out how we can assist you, contact the team at Skin Clinic Robina today.