Anti-Wrinkle Injections Gold Coast
Anti-wrinkle injections help to reduce the dynamic lines created by facial expressions around the forehead, between the eyebrows, as well as wrinkles around the eyes. They also help to reduce bunny lines around the nose, grinding teeth and smoker’s lines around the mouth. Treatment normally lasts 10 mins and you can return to your normal daily activities straight away. It generally takes 2 weeks to see the full effect of the botox and treatment lasts around 4 months.
Hyperhidrosis (Excessive Sweating)
Anti-wrinkle injections are an effective treatment solution for excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), particularly in the armpit (axillary) region.
Dermal Fillers or Volumising Injections
One of the main reasons that we lose our youthful appearance as we age, is due to the loss of fat (volume) throughout the body. As we grow old, our facial muscles deteriorate, along with the fat and bone structure present in the face, which in turn, leads to an aged-look and development of deep wrinkles.
Volumising fillers help prevent the signs of ageing by replacing the lost volume, while helping to bring back the youthful look that we all desire. Volumising fillers can be used around the cheeks, jaw line, nose, chin and lips.
At Skin Clinic Robina, our experts have extensive experience in the treatment of sun related skin damage. We offer a range of adjuvant therapies such as Photodynamic therapy (PDT), IPL and Lasers treatments to reduce the signs of ageing and photo damage.
WHICH AREAS CAN ANTI-WRINKLE INJECTIONS TREAT?
Anti-wrinkle injections provide remarkable results in the treatment in the following areas:
- Forehead Wrinkles (worry lines)
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- Crow’s Feet (laugh lines / character lines)
- Bunny Lines (wrinkles on the side and upper region of the nose)
- Tension Headaches and Migraines
ARE ANTI-WRINKLE INJECTIONS SAFE?
Our specialist doctors and technicians are certified in the very latest industry techniques, utilise the finest quality equipment and adhere to the highest sanitary standards to help ensure that all anti-wrinkle treatment procedures are as safe as possible. As with any medical treatment, there is the chance of side effects but these are minor and only brief in nature. These can include mild discomfort, bruising and in rare cases, light headache. Anti-wrinkle injections cannot be administered to women during pregnancy.
HOW LONG DOES THE TREATMENT LAST?
Anti-wrinkle injections typically last around 4 months on average, but this varies from patient to patient. We recommend a follow-up visit with your specialist approximately 2 weeks after your first treatment to assess the outcome and decide if an additional injection is required.
WHAT IS THE TREATMENT PROCESS?
All anti-wrinkle injections are administered by a doctor or under the direct supervision of a doctor, who will evaluate the targeted area of the skin. We’ll determine where the injection is to be made in your skin, based on our observations of your facial muscles. Once the decision has been made, the botox will be injected using a very fine needle.
The amount of injections required for optimal wrinkle reduction is dependent on the region of the face that is being treated. As an example, the removal of wrinkles from a patient’s forehead typically requires three injections, with additional minor injections added if necessary. Totally nonsurgical, the entire procedure normally takes no longer than 10 minutes to complete and delivers remarkable results.
ARE ANTI-WRINKLE INJECTIONS PAINFUL?
Clients often tell us that the injection feels similar to that of an innocuous insect bite, whereas others don’t feel any pain at all. Patients are able to resume their daily activities immediately following the procedure.
TREATMENT TIPS AND PRECAUTIONS
- The consumption of alcohol less than 24 hours to the time of your treatment session is strongly advised against as this may heighten the likelihood of bruising. Furthermore, please allow a minimum of 24 hours before drinking alcohol again
- All women are ineligible to receive treatment during pregnancy
- Do not take aspirin (unless absolutely necessary) or any other medication that causes your blood to thin at least 3 days before treatment. Please notify your specialist if you are on such medications. Likewise, avoid aspirin or such medication for at least 24 hours following your treatment
- Avoid strenuous exercise, hot showers, spas or anything else that can cause your body temperature to rise, prior to treatment. Following your anti-wrinkle procedure, please allow at least 24 hours before recommencing any exercise and have cold or mildly warm showers for at least 5 days post-treatment
Contact Skin Clinic Robina
For all matters concerning Anti-Wrinkle Injections and other cosmetic treatments, please contact the friendly staff at Skin Clinic Robina today.